Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Port of Brisbane

I went to the Port of Brisbane on Wednesday and took some photographs. It is not the most picturesque place and quite diffiicult to actually get to the port area. I managed to take a few nice shots though. One of the ideas as I mentioned would be to create surreal machine structures marching through the landscape and perhaps altering the surrounding envioronment. Sarah mentioned Deleuze and Guatarri's 'Abstract Overcoding Machines' - I think that is a great start. I will see how I go actually making them... and will post some experiments online for your input...
I spoke to a woman at the Visitor's Centre and she mentioned we could contact the Port of Brisbane PR and Archive officer to see if we could get access to some of the commercial/archival images of the Port. The woman she suggested to contact is Dianne Miers - dianne.miers (at) portbris.com.au. The Library should also have archival images of the Port as part of their collection.

No comments: